Job Title: Operations Manager
ALIGN: The Alliance for a Greater New York is an alliance of community and labor organizations working together to create good jobs, vibrant communities, and a more accountable democracy for all New Yorkers. ALIGN is the coming together of two long-standing New York community-labor coalitions, New York Jobs with Justice and Urban Agenda. Over the last two decades, we have been at the forefront of championing worker rights and fair economic development policies, winning quality jobs with career ladders for low-income public housing residents, and creating green jobs through municipal building retrofits. For more information about our work, visit www.alignny.org.
Position Description and Responsibilities
We seek a talented and dedicated person to join our team as Operations Manager and support the New York community‐labor movement for social and economic justice. This position will report to the Director of Finance and Operations and be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Office and Financial Management, providing ongoing bookkeeping and administrative support to the office, driving organizational success through the management of daily operations and special projects, including account payables and receivables; maintaining accounting records; working with external accountant to prepare regular financial reports and bank reconciliations; liaising with vendors and building management; developing and maintaining efficient digital and physical file systems and general office procedures; coordinating logistics for and recording key organizational meetings and events; and monitoring, maintaining, and restocking office equipment and supplies.
- Human Resources, including coordinating human resource paperwork for the organization including new employee office set-ups, background checks and on-boarding; managing payroll and benefits in coordination with service providers; establishing and tracking employee records; and providing administrative assistance in addressing personnel needs.
- Administration & Technology, including administering the organizational databases; trouble-shooting technology issues; managing external tech consultants; organizing mass mailings from conception to completion; oversight of organizational calendaring; training and monitoring usage of a shared project management platform; and providing assistance with donor management record keeping.
- At least three years of experience in job areas similar to those outlined above.
- Demonstrate initiative and work as a team player.
- Handle detailed, complex tasks and problems and make rapid decisions regarding management and development issues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven office.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities, proven problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace.
- Experience using database systems, use of CiviCRM a plus.
- Experience with one or more shared project management platforms.
- Commitment to our organizations’ mission, broader social and economic justice movement, and understanding of how race, class, gender, and other equity issues are part of the work.
Terms of Employment: Operations Manager is a full-time position with health, retirement, vacation, and other benefits. These terms, and others relevant to your employment, are spelled out in the ALIGN Personnel Policy. The starting pay for this position is between $65,000–70,000 annually, dependent on experience.
Application Process: Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Manager” in the subject line of the email. Applications must include a cover letter, resume, three references, and where you saw the job posting. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response. No phone calls, please.
ALIGN takes the health of our employees, families, and communities very seriously. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment.
ALIGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, and LGBTQ+ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.