Communications and Research Intern with ALIGN
New York, NY
Duration: Minimum of 3 months, available immediately.
Time commitment: 20-40 hours a week.
This internship will provide an opportunity to gain first-hand experience and insight into New York’s labor, climate, and social justice movements and build experience in the field.
What this internship is about: We are seeking an intern to support the communications and research work in our NYC office, including our digital communications and social media engagement, press and media work, data and materials management, and research projects. You may also be asked to help with events, meetings, and general office and administrative support tasks.
Qualifications and skills we are seeking:
- A strong interest in social, economic and racial justice and the labor movement.
- Ability to take direction and work effectively as a member of a team.
- Close attention to detail, accuracy, and organization.
- Experience with social media strategies, digital organizing, and ideally video-editing and graphic design tools.
- Analytical skills and curiosity for researching and assessing information.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Google Apps.
- Experience using website Content Management Systems (CMS) (e.g. WordPress) and CRM databases is a plus.
Tasks you may assist with include:
- Social media strategy and outreach and helping manage and grow ALIGN’s online presence, including development of memes and messaging to support campaigns.
- Gathering, cataloging, and amplifying press clips.
- Supporting press events.
- Preparing and helping create materials including graphics shareable on social media, videos, flyers, presentations, and report briefs.
- Organizing reference libraries of photos, videos, research publications, and other materials.
- Updating the organization’s website and crm database.
- Conducting research assignments and tracking information related to policy development and campaigns that the organization is engaged in.
- Performing other tasks and assignments as needed, including administrative support tasks and providing support for external events.
Please send a letter of interest and resume with “Internship 2019” in the subject line to email@example.com.
ALIGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion.
Women, LGBTQ, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.