Title: NYC Climate Campaigns Coordinator
ALIGN is a longstanding alliance of labor and community organizations united for a just and sustainable New York. We seek a talented, motivated, and dedicated person to join our team as the NYC Climate Campaigns Coordinator to ignite momentum for new and developing campaigns in a mid-level position. This position will play an important role in the implementation of dynamic campaigns to advance ALIGN’s vision for economic justice, equity, and environmental sustainability in New York.
The NYC Climate Campaigns Coordinator will be primarily responsible for building diverse institutional partnerships for campaign coalitions; coordinating high-impact mobilizations and actions that shift public opinion and elevate campaign profiles; and building a base of our institutional partners and other targeted audiences to mobilize broad support for our issues.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Campaign Coordinator will report to the Deputy Director and is responsible for leading on our climate campaigns and will include the following responsibilities:
● Campaign Development: Leading the development of both of the climate campaigns. This will include visioning, planning, and strategy development done in conjunction with allies and coalition members. The primary focus will be to grow our campaigns which bring together economic justice, environmental justice, and labor partners towards unified political power across the state.
● Campaign Coordination: Leading a team of organizational partners to effectively build and implement NYC-level climate campaign plans through setting and consistently achieving yearly, quarterly, and weekly goals as well as responding to campaign flow, stakeholders’ and internal priorities to adapt plans effectively; managing public education, advocacy, tactic and action/event coordination.
● Alliance-Building: Strengthening and growing our longstanding alliance through broad-based institutional and individual relationship-building and maintenance; building leadership and mobilization capacity of community and labor allies and a cohort of climate activists.
● Policy Advocacy: Driving political organizing strategy to achieve policy demands, coordinating research and other needs among staff and allies, and directing external strategies such as actions and mobilizations for our climate campaigns.
● Organizational Health: Supporting practices that lead toward a caring, collaborative, and effective staff team. Supporting with fundraising and reporting on campaign activities to funders to ensure the organization’s financial sustainability.
● A commitment to social, economic, climate, and racial justice and the labor movement;
● Minimum 3 years of professional organizing experience working in a community/climate organization and/or labor union; coalition coordination experience preferred;
● Strong coalition building, meeting facilitation, and task delegation skills across a diverse set of organizations and constituents;
● Knows the New York City political landscape and communities;
● Ability to independently manage projects from conception to completion, supervise interns and volunteers, and work as part of a team;
● Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills;
● Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment;
● Ability to work independently and manage projects from conception to completion.
Terms of Employment: The NYC Climate Campaigns Coordinator is a full-time position with health, retirement, vacation, and other benefits. This is a staff position covered by a collective bargaining agreement. The starting pay for this position is between $60,000–$68,000 annually, dependent on experience.
Application Process: This position is available immediately. Email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be receiving applications on a rolling basis until October 14th. Please put “Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please.
ALIGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBTQ people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.