Title: Climate Campaign Coordinator
ALIGN: the Alliance for a Greater New York is an alliance of community and labor organizations working together to create good jobs, vibrant communities, and a more accountable democracy for all New Yorkers. ALIGN is the coming together of two long-standing New York community-labor coalitions, New York Jobs with Justice and Urban Agenda. Over the last two decades, we have been at the forefront of championing fair economic development policies, winning quality jobs with career ladders for low-income public housing residents, and creating green jobs through municipal building retrofits. For more information about our work, visit alignny.org.
We seek a talented, motivated, and dedicated person to join our team as the Climate Campaign Coordinator to ignite momentum for new and developing campaigns in a mid-level position. This position will play an important role in the implementation of dynamic campaigns to advance ALIGN’s vision for economic justice, equity, and environmental sustainability in New York.
The Climate Campaign Coordinator will be primarily responsible for building diverse institutional partnerships for campaign coalitions; coordinating high-impact mobilizations and actions that shift public opinion and elevate campaign profiles; and engaging the base of our institutional partners and other targeted audiences to promote broad support for our issues.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Campaign Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and is responsible for leading on our climate campaigns and will include the following responsibilities:
- Campaign Development: Leading the development of both of the climate campaigns. This will include visioning, planning, and strategy development done in conjunction with allies and coalition members. The primary focus will be to grow our campaigns which bring together economic justice, environmental justice, and labor partners towards unified political power across the state.
- Campaign Coordination: Leading a team of organizational partners to effectively implement the CW4A and TDT campaign plans through setting and consistently achieving yearly, quarterly, and weekly goals as well as responding to campaign flow, stakeholders’ and internal priorities to adapt plans effectively; managing public education, advocacy, tactic and action/event coordination.
- Alliance-Building: Strengthening and growing our longstanding alliance through broad-based institutional and individual relationship-building and maintenance; building leadership and mobilization capacity of community and labor allies.
- Policy Advocacy: Driving political organizing strategy to achieve policy demands, coordinating research and other needs among staff and allies, and directing external strategies such as actions and mobilizations for our climate campaigns.
- A commitment to social, economic, and racial justice and the labor movement;
- Minimum 3 years of professional organizing experience working in a community organization and/or labor union; coalition coordination experience preferred
- Strong coalition building and facilitation skills across a diverse set of organizations and constituents;
- Knows the New York political landscape and communities;
- Ability to independently manage projects from conception to completion, supervise junior staff, and work as part of a team;
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to work independently and manage projects from conception to completion.
Terms of Employment: ALIGN’s salary and benefits standards are competitive, with a salary range of $60,000-68,000, depending on experience. The Climate Campaign Coordinator is a full-time position with health, retirement, vacation, and other benefits. These terms, and others relevant to your employment, are spelled out in the ALIGN Personnel Policy that is available upon request.
Application Process: This position is available immediately. Email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be receiving applications for a month until August 31st. Please put “Climate Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
ALIGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBTQ people, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.