Title: Senior Policy & Research Analyst
ALIGN: the Alliance for a Greater New York unites labor and community for a more just and sustainable New York. Formed by the merger of New York Jobs with Justice and Urban Agenda, ALIGN builds upon over 20 years of creating good jobs, healthy communities, and a more accountable democracy for all New Yorkers. For more information about our work, visit www.alignny.org.
We seek a talented, motivated, and dedicated individual to join our team as Senior Policy & Research Analyst. This is an exciting time to join our staff and be engaged in building an ambitious organization at the forefront of innovative policy, organizing, and communications efforts in New York.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Senior Policy & Research Analyst will report to the Deputy Director and is responsible for:
● Campaign research and policy development: Develop research plans and timelines. Design, conduct, and manage qualitative and quantitative research including literature reviews, surveys, and data analysis. Work closely with the ALIGN team as well as a broad range of stakeholders both at the grassroots and leadership levels to develop, present, and drive progressive policies.
● Policy papers and research briefs: Develop and draft written reports, white papers and other materials that are accessible to key audiences such as community & union leaders, policy makers, funders and the broader public. Partner with communications staff to regularly disseminate research findings and policy positions to our partners, the media, and the general public.
● Public advocacy: Use data analysis, primary and secondary research, and best-practice policy analysis to support campaigns and shift debate on economic, environmental, and equity issues. Draft and deliver public testimony, speak at policy and research panels, and serve on policy advisory councils and working groups to build issue saliency and garner support for our policies.
● Issue tracking and analysis: Follow and analyze current labor, economic, and environmental statistics from a wide variety of governmental and non-governmental sources. Regularly track relevant issues of interest to the organization, such as employment, sustainability, and economic development data and trends.
● A commitment to social and economic justice and the labor movement;
● Minimum 5 years professional policy and research experience working in nonprofit, political, or labor organizations;
● Ability to independently manage projects from conception to completion, and work as part of a team;
● Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills;
● Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment;
● Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment and able to quickly adapt to changing needs and priorities.
● Strategic judgment, flexibility, creativity, and initiative is a must.
Terms of Employment: The Senior Policy & Research Analyst is a full-time position with health, retirement, vacation, and other benefits. This is a staff position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Application Process: This position is available immediately. E-mail cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to email@example.com. Please put “Senior Policy & Research Analyst” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
ALIGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.